Friday, July 29, 2005

July 29, 2005

I am so tired right now. I don’t know if it’s the jet lag or the last 2 weeks catching up to me, but I am wiped. It’s all I can do from falling asleep where I stand or sit. Thank God tomorrow is Friday so that I can sleep the whole weekend. Today was a good day because I didn’t stay in one place for the whole day. I got a tour of the school, went on a walking tour of the village, found out where everything was, got introduced to all the shopkeepers and police man and a few of the residents, ate a couple of times, met all the elementary school children and delivered my self-introduction, went to the Neo Earthquake Fault Museum and visited Uzuzumi Zakura, one of the oldest cherry blossom trees in Japan and went grocery store where I bought a whole shitload of food. After trying unsuccessfully to take a nap, I rode my new bike to the JHS so that I can make it there in one piece tomorrow morning. I’m not feeling lonely of homesick yet, but I’m sure it’s coming. TV sucks, I have no phone or keitai or internet, and probably won’t have one for 2 weeks. Just gotta keep my head up til then and keep my mind off of boys, and ummm, boys. Ok, eyes are getting heavy and I’m losing my concentration. WOW, I can’t believe I’m doing this and I can’t believe I’m here.

No comments: