Monday, January 08, 2007

Bonzai, Happy New Year and all that good stuff…

Hope everyone had a wonderful and restful holiday and you all get hugs and good wishes for the upcoming year. Wow, 2007…it seems so futuristic. I have a feeling that this year will be odd. Full of upheaval, confusion and imbalance. Maybe I just feel that way because 7 is an odd number or maybe it’s because in 7 months, I will leave Japan and my life will be completely upside down. Well, the only thing I can do is just wait and see. Here’s hoping for a successful and prosperous new year!

On the subject of that, I celebrated my first new year’s eve in Japan. Dave hosted a party at his place (complete with home-made curry and tandoori chicken – DELISH) and we rang in the new year with friends, booze and board games (Taboo and Trivial Pursuit – Dave and I won, despite the head buzz and the fact that I don’t really like the game). I originally wanted to go to a shrine to do the traditional Japanese thing, but it was so cold outside and it had just gotten warm inside, so that idea was nixed. Anyway, it was a good time and we only went to bed when the sun came up. Yeah, my sleep pattern is horribly messed up, but it was worth it.

Will update soon. Latah.

No comments: