Sunday, October 16, 2005

My mea culpa...

So, I've heard from a source that my little breakdown (see last post) was apparently problematic for some people. In particular, my words about Dal were misconstrued and taken at face value. Firstly, I'd like to say that I was under duress when I poured my heart out onto my lap top and all of my thoughts probably did not come out in the most eloquent of ways. Secondly, Dal and I have one of these relationships where we can call each other the kinds of names that would probably offend most other people. And thirdly, Dal and I are more sisters than friends and I love her with my whole heart, and words such as "stoopid" and "shut up" are actually terms of endearment. So with that, I want the world to know that I love and respect Dahlia. She is the most sweet, level-headed, upstanding and mature individual on the face of the planet. I've known her since before I hit puberty and she is my cheerleader, confidante, best friend and sister from another mister. I'm not going to go into the kind of sonnet that I said at her wedding, THE ONE THAT MADE EVERYONE CRY, but I just wanted to set the record straight. I have nothing but love for this fine Trini princess. We are different patterns cut from the same cloth and I love my girl.

(Disclaimer: This rant may have been brought on by the lethal mixture of homesickness and PMS).

Kisses.

No comments: