Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Can you feel the love tonight...

Is it possible for your heart to grow to insane proportions and your soul to change in four months? Is it possible to fall in love over and over and over again, then when you think you are satiated, it happens again? Is it possible to having a deep wanting for the familiar but simultaneously embrace the alien? I recently read Dan in Japan's latest entry, and after thinking about it for a little bit, I think I'd have to answer yes to all these questions. Coming from an individualistic society and one that doesn't often demonstrate selfless acts of kindness, it is mindboggling how giving the Japanese are. Sure, I live in inaka and country folk are probably more kind than city folk, but as a whole, from what I've heard in seen from people in other prefectures, in cities, towns and villages across Japan, this behaviour seems to be indicative of the Japanese culture. I don't know what it is, but I love it.

I've been having a really great time over the last few weeks. I've been bonding with my friends, feeling really comfortable at school, getting along with my co-workers and studying Japanese. I'm so content. I'm also really looking forward to my trip to China. It's going to be awesome and I'll share that experience as well.

So here are some pics you can enjoy and you see what I've been up to:

These are from the Gifu Cultural Festival I particpated in on November 13. It was awesome and I had a lot of fun. Some of my friend came and I even got a yukata as a gift.












These pics are from Nagoya on November 25. My friends and I took my Canadian friend, Elise, there for a good time. Karaoke, walking around seemingly for hours, dancing and drinking in a tiny bar and crashing in our hotel room is an all too brief summary of the evening.

And the beautiful view of/from Gifu Castle on November 20.



I will post soon about my weather situation and what I did on the weekend. As the Japanese say, she-you!

1 comment:

Shiloh said...

Kaki,
I love your blog, so funky looking. I don:t often embedd pictures in my blogs anymore because it:s so fickle! but yours look great. IT was a great weekend EH! ( ;) )
You look great in the Yukatta, and that pic from the castle is awesome.
Can:t wait to see you this weekend. I feel exactly as you do, so content. Life is good.
Shiloh