Friday, September 16, 2005


big booty ho...

So, I've been feeling a little heavy lately and I've noticed that my pants are a bit more snug on my hips..it may just be the side effects of PMS but when I stepped on the scale, there was a difference. I know, a couple of pounds is nothing, especially since I've made such a big move and adjusting, and blah the fuck blah. But I have to be vigilant! I have to stay focused! If not, I"ll end up with the 15 pounds I lost a year and a half ago! So today, I borrowed a skipping rope from the JHS and got started! After that cardio, I got on the mat and did some pilates! Then I had a delicious meal of steak, veggies, a salad and tofu.

The school lunches are delish, and though carbs and I are acquaintances, we are not friends! I eat every last grain of rice at lunch, but I gotta take it easy after school. And being at work is like every workplace I've ever worked at in the fact that there are goodies everywhere. A co-worker gave me gift of fine chocolates. Ohmigod, they were scrumptious. Then she let me sample ruffled potato chips covered in chocolate. I was skepitical at first, but oh. my. god. When she told me that they would be in the fridge and I could help myself, help myself I did! Never mind the beer and gyozas I've been indulging in lately...I love food, but I gotta get a grip!!!!

I had a good day at school today. The lessons went smoothly, I occupied myself in my free time, and I helped the kids and teachers set up for the Sports Festival tomorrow. And one of my 2nd grade students gave me a hug!!!!! I don't know if you know this about Japanese people, but from what I've heard and seen, they are notoriously shy with their emotions and with physical contact. And this girl just opened her arms to me and hugged me. It was a bit distant, there was a space between us, but it was really nice. It really made me smile...

I just finished watching The Office this evening and it was everything that I hoped it would be. It was biting, satirical, uncomfortable, hilarious, witty, politically incorrect, crass and satisfying. BUY THIS DVD. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY! For me, this series (only 2 seasons and a Christmas special) ranks right up there with my faves The Simpsons and Sex and the City.

Last night, I saw my first nearly full moon in Japan and it was beautiful:

Something about a full moon always makes me both hopeful and wistful.

Though tomorrow is Saturday, I have to go to school for the Sports Fest. It's a long weekend so it's all good. However, since I've been invited as a guest, I won't be working and won't have a compensatory day off. But whatever. It will be the same story next weekend...

On Sunday, I will be heading to Gifu to get my hair did in a Japanese salon. Stay tuned for the before and after pics!

1 comment:

dancing chaos said...

that, right there, is an incredible picture.

wow.

good luck with the hair, I hope all goes well... I wouldn't trust my hair in teh hands of anyone here, and you are definiteyl one COURAGEOUS womYn.

mouah, steph