Monday, September 05, 2005

September 5, 2005

This is going to be a short post because of this:



A cracked glass, an Alicia Keys CD, and a distracted minute led to the WORST PAIN OF MY LIFE. There was a lot of blood, some lightheadness and a prayer not to lose any nerves in my finger. I had the presence of mind to dress, get my medicare card and some extra cash to go seek some medical attention. Then I realized - it's 9 p.m. and the hospital is probably closed. So, with my hand wrapped in a white hand towel, I walked over to my neighbor's apartment and asked for a first aid kit in Japanese. She only hand some band aids and ointment, which didn't exactly staunch the bleeding, so I had a nuit blanche last night. This morning was not pretty, and when I got to school, the fun started. Stay tuned for an update real soon!

1 comment:

dancing chaos said...

Oh honey!

No worries about my situation... re reading my last post i realise it might be a little ambiguous... but they were definitely tears of joy.

you, on the other hand (no pun intended): take care!!!

steph