Monday, September 12, 2005

September 12, 2005

I'm discovering that I like a lot of Japanese things, such as:

The fact that I am expected to eat lunch with the students everyday.
The fact that there are specific times for cleaning up the school and that everybody, including the vice principal is expected to participate.
That when you buy something cool, it is wrapped up for you (J'aime les cadeaux!!)
That everyone is really encouraging of my attempts to speak Japanese.
That when you go to someone's home, even your own home, you have to take off your shoes.

This list will grow as time passes and I will continuously add to it.

There are also somethings that I don't like. For example:

I don't like...ok, I spent 2 minutes on this one and I can't think of anything yet. I can't even think of anything that I find mildly annoying...I'll have to come back to that one. It would be awesome if I didn't have to though.

Not much new from the last post. I am planning on going to a Japanese hair dresser in Gifu City to get my hair relaxed. I'm a little nervous because I have only been to Black hair salons, but I am desperate. By the time that I go, it will be 9 weeks since I got my hair permed...It's breaking like mad. I know you may ask, "Kaki, why don't you perm it your damn self?" Well, because it's too far gone. It needs a professional's touch, even if she is Japanese. But those of you who know me well know that I researched her ass and made her feel like a quiz show contestant - "Who Wants to Straighten Kaki's Hair?" If she is good, I'll give her enough business to retire early!

Ok, I thought of something that I don't like about Japan: it's too far away from Montreal! I'm totally joking, but I'm really missing my friends and family. Shauna had her baby shower on Saturday and it looked like so much fun. If I was home, I would have had a hand in the organization, but all I could do was give her a gift before I left...

A few shot outs today - Shauna, you looked amazing. Your hair, your form, your everything. You really had that glow. I know that you're super busy with the baby coming, and the gospel show and all, but thanks for making time for me and I am really proud of you. And great job on putting those pics up so quick! Props! And tell Russ that his fade looked great.

Nurse Cheryl, thanks for calling me from Narita and then talking to me when you just got home even though you were dead tired. I miss our long conversations and the occasional disagreements. And damn, you looked great (per usual). Your hair looks beautiful. I can't wait to see your face again...

Aya, damn, did you really just have a baby? The pics of you at the shower were really great. Thanks for chatting it up with me for long periods of time, even though you had K in one hand, eating a meal with another, and still being humourous and constant when you were talking to lil ole me.

Neigie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I miss your exuberance and your optimism. I will call you again soon!

To my girls, I miss you so much! Cheers to us!

No comments: